Welcome to SPARK Super & Pension & Investment
Spark Advisors have developed a LOW COST Managed Accounts solution in collaboration with market leading partners and it is exclusively available to its Advisor network.
Once you decide with your financial adviser which Model Portfolios are best suited to your investment needs and objectives, we will purchase investments to be included in your Account so that it reflects the Model Portfolio, or combination of Model Portfolios, that you have selected.
You will be the beneficial owner of the investments in your Account. You can view online all of the investments which are included in your Account as a single Account, even if you have decided to have investments invested in accordance with more than one Model Portfolio. Your investment strategy and preferences may only be communicated to us by your Nominated Representative (this is generally your adviser – refer to “Your Nominated Representative” for more information). The Model Portfolio Managers will manage the Model Portfolios on an ongoing basis, and we will buy and sell investments to be included in, or removed from, your Account as the Model Portfolios change.
The significant benefits of investing in the SMA include:
- Construct a unique Account using our blending facility If a number of Model Portfolios are available through the Investment Menu, you can mix them in any proportion that you choose. Your individual blend of Model Portfolios will result in a single Account that you and your adviser have tailored to your needs.
- Change Models in a tax-advantaged manner If you change your blend of Model Portfolios (which your Nominated Representative can do at any time) we update your Account based on the new Model weightings, and then trade investments so that your Account matches your new combination of Model Portfolios. This means that we don’t unnecessarily sell down investments from your Account to adjust it to the new combination of Model Portfolios.
- View the investments that make up your Account at any time You own a portfolio of investments, not a unit in a trust. You can log into the investor website at any time to view the individual investments that make up your Account. Please note, in some circumstances, such as when trading is being conducted in respect of your selected Model Portfolio(s), your exact investment holdings will not be available for the period of the trading or longer at the discretion of the Model Portfolio Manager.
- Your personal circumstances can be accommodated with substitution Your Account can be customised through investment substitution, which allows you to avoid acquiring investments that either you do not wish to hold or already have sufficient exposure to outside of the SMA.
- Manage your own tax affairs You can select the tax parcel accounting method for your Account which best suits your own circumstances, and you can adjust and amend the allocation method online as required, including after the trade has been completed.
- Move investments into or out of your Account at any time Contributions and withdrawals can be in cash or in kind – all CHESS-eligible listed Australian securities and a selection of other investments are accepted (Eligible Investments). Moving investments into or out of the SMA does not result in a realisation for capital gains tax purposes. Once you have selected your blend of Model Portfolio(s) we will sell those investments not required and invest the proceeds as per your selection.
- Keep your trading costs down with our netting policy Trading within the SMA is conducted at a pooled level. This means that each day we assess the net trading requirements of the whole SMA and trade investments on this basis. For example, if investors in one Model Portfolio of the SMA are selling securities in ABC Company and at the same time investors in another Model Portfolio of the SMA are buying the same number of securities in ABC Company we will simply transfer that security from one group of Accounts to the other without incurring any brokerage cost. The benefits (in terms of lower brokerage costs) are passed on to investors. Non-model investments do not form part of the netting process until they are unlocked.
- Retain the key benefits of managed funds The Model Portfolios (i.e. investment strategies) in the Investment Menu are all professionally constructed and managed by our Model Portfolio Managers and provide investors with access to professional investment managers and wholesale rates of brokerage not available individually.
- You don’t inherit other investors’ capital gains Unlike most other managed investment schemes, your tax position as a result of investing in the SMA is affected only by the activity within your own Account. You do not buy into gains which have built up from other investors’ earlier investments, and you do not realise gains as a result of other investors’ decisions to withdraw from the SMA.
- You can easily arrange for regular additional investments It is easy to arrange to make a regular additional contribution into your Account. Full details are set out under “How the SMA works”.
- You can easily arrange for regular withdrawals It is easy to arrange to make a regular withdrawal from your Account. Full details are set out under “How the SMA works”.